Electric shock at home

How to reduce the risk of electric shock?

You can reduce the risk of electric shock if you follow the rules for ensuring electrical safety. Before using household electrical appliances, make sure they are in good working order. If damage to the insulation, cracks and other errors in the body of the electrical device are detected, its use is unacceptable.

It’s forbidden!

  • Drive nails into the wall in a place where hidden electrical wiring can be located.
  • Drill walls in places of possible electrical wiring without knowing the wiring diagram.
  • Paint, whitewash, wash walls with external or hidden live wiring.
  • When working with electrical appliances turned on, touch batteries and water pipes.

  • The fatal outcome of an electric shock largely depends on the combination of circumstances, but in almost every case you need to try to save the victim by providing him with competent first aid.
  • It is extremely dangerous to connect wet or damp electrical appliances to the mains.
  • It is dangerous to turn on the lights in the dark by touch. Often, in the entrance of the house, the electric switch is broken and when you turn it on, you can accidentally touch the electrical contacts.
  • Before you remove the back part from any electrical appliance, you need to make sure that its mains plug is in your hands, and not in the socket.
  • For safety reasons, it is advisable to wear dry shoes when working with electrical appliances.
  • Even to repair an outlet, you should use the services of a professional master. It is better to pay with money than with your own life.
  • It is deadly dangerous to extinguish live electrical appliances with water without de-energizing them first.
  • If there are small children in the house, you should cover all electrical outlets with protective caps.

Created based on materials from the official Internet portal of EMERCOM of the Russian Federation